Every Mazda was was built with the goal of bringing joy to the people. They engineer a responsive drive that makes people feel connected. The safety technology gives even more confidence behind the wheel.
Each and every car in Mazda’s lineup is made to appeal to the senses, and design is the language used to communicate. The design philosophy of Mazda is KODO: “Soul of Motion”, which allows designers to imbue each model with its own personality while staying true to a unifying theme. The Process called “Exploratory Preparation” begins with human hands creating true art.
Mazda uses more clay than any other carmaker. The Artisans shape the clay until the ideal lines reveal themselves and only then do they collaborate with digital modelers. This traditional/digital partnership takes the best of both worlds to create uniquely appealing designs. The color designer and master painter work together to make sure the designer’s color is translated perfectly onto the newly built cars.
The Expert fabricator like Koji Fijii who crafts it into a scale model and his goal is to create a model even “more perfect than the real car”. The designers take great pride in every aspect of an interior being intuitively placed and pleasing to the touch. An environment is created that encourages a bond between driver and car after countless sketches and revisions.
Mazda’s new technology, SKYACTIV-VEHICLE DYNAMICS with G-Vectoring Control, helps achieve a smoother, less fatiguing drive for you and your passengers. i-ACTIVSENSE is the moniker for Mazda’s suite of available advanced safety technologies. It uses milliwave radars and cameras to keep you in tune with your surroundings.
The i-ACTIV AWD system delivers traction and confidence on every type of road surface and in every type of weather. the i-ELOOP brake energy regeneration system converts kinetic energy into electricity as the car decelerates. It can then be used to power the headlights, climate control, audio system or any other electrical equipment. MAZDA CONNECT allows you to access the information you need and the entertainment you want.
Active Safety Technology helps the driver prevent accidents by supporting his or her ability to predict and avoid hazards through visual and auditory alerts. Pre-Collision Safety Technology helps reduce the severity of a collision when one becomes unavoidable. The passive Safety Technology includes the rigid SKYACTIV-Body with ring structure, seatbelt with pretensioner and load limiter, anti-intrusion brake pedal, SRS Airbag Systems, and more.
The Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) reduces accidents and congestion by receiving and transmitting information about the location of pedestrians and other cars, then relaying it to drivers. Although it is not yet available, they continue to invest in this technology in the hope of one day making accidents a thing of the past.
Do you know which production car has the track record at 13 different race tracks?
You may think of cars that might cost you in millions but actually it the car that will cost the tenth of it- it’s a Dodge
Today we are discussing on one of Dodge’s venoms car Viper.
The Dodge Viper includes a high-performance suspension consisting of aluminum bodied Bilstein dampers or a driver-selectable suspension featuring Bilstein DampTronic Select shock absorbers with street and track settings.
ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL
A five-mode Electronic Stability Control System allows drivers to customize the system control to best match the driving conditions and style desired.
Balance it all with nimble and precise steering, standard 295-mm front and 355-mm rear Pirelli P Zero Z-rated tires that combine for an extremely wide tire patch, and you’ve got your hands full of something special.
It just feels right.
Let’s discuss on the Engine factors of this reptile
Viper SRT Coupe is with Venomous Version 10 engine is handcrafted, the all-aluminum 8.4L V10 engine located mid-front that delivers 645 hp and 600 ft of torque – the most torque of any naturally aspirated sports-car engine in the world.
Braking is firm and confident even under extreme track conditions. And for serious racers, optional Brembo carbon ceramic brake rotors and pads offer superior performance by maintaining their strength after numerous hard stops and holding up better with repeated use. The ACR model features even larger brakes for further heightened performance
The world is at your fingertips with the Uconnect 8.4 NAV System, featuring an 8.4-inch touchscreen, GPS Navigation, HD Radio, Voice Command, Hands-Free Calling, standard SRT Performance Pages, Bluetooth Streaming Audio and available Uconnect Access with downloadable apps, mobile access, and Wifi Hotspot.
7-INCH CLUSTER DISPLAY
Rethink the way you drive with the 7-inch reconfigurable Driver Information Digital Cluster Display. Get real-time information on performance, Navigation and vehicle status using full-color graphics that are seamlessly integrated with the analog instrumentation.
Learn how to push your vehicle to the limit with instruction from some of the best drivers in the world. Learn how to push your vehicle to the limit with instruction from some of the best drivers in the world.
The Dodge Journey is the most affordable seven-seat crossover on the market and also the longest running without a redesign. The R/T models have been rebadged as GT.
The cabin is not as modern as that of the Durango, but it’s attractive enough. The second-row fold-flat seats give you up to 67.6 cubic feet of space so you can store more of what you want, whatever the size. The available Three-Zone Automatic Temperature Control allows the driver, front passenger and rear passenger(s) to select and maintain their ideal comfort levels by setting them once.
The Dodge Journey keeps you nice and toasty with the available heated leather-wrapped steering wheel to the available heated premium leather-trimmed front seats. It also offers integrated second-row child booster seats for smaller journeys. The second-row 60/40 split-folding seatbacks add tremendous versatility.
The Dodge Journey offers distinctive features like a gloss black front grille and, platinum chrome accents. The power exterior mirrors are heated to stay free of ice, fog and frost. These mirrors include a foldaway feature that’s especially handy when riding through car washes or parking in tight spaces.
The prime rooftop real estate with available stylish black or bright roof side rails helps you to pack anything “outside of the box”. The other features include Ring of Fire LED taillamps, Distinctive Front Fascia, Sculpted Fender Flares and the Dual Bright Exhaust Tips.
The available 3.6L Pentastar engine teamed with the six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive provides exceptional performance and up to 25 highway mpg. The all-wheel-drive system works instantly and on demand, driving only the front wheels until power to the rear wheels is needed.
It also features a fully independent suspension with MacPherson struts in the front and a multilink suspension in the rear to help provide a responsive, smooth and quiet ride. The Trailer Tow Prep Group includes a four-pin connector wiring harness and can tow up to 2,500 pounds.
The Dodge Journey is packed with advanced technology to help protect all occupants. Advanced multistage front airbags, supplemental side-curtain airbags, front seat-mounted side airbags and a driver’s knee airbag all come standard and add an extra level of protection. Keyless Enter ‘n Go unlocks the doors when you pull one of the front door handles.
The include a four-channel antilock brake system that monitors the speed of each wheel, allowing individual wheel braking for superior control. Brake Assist senses emergency braking by detecting the rate of brake application and boosts the power as needed to help you stop more quickly in a panic braking situation.
The third-generation Picanto will be presented in European specification at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show this coming March. Kia has unveiled the third-generation Picanto city car to take on the new Holden Spark. Now in its third generation, the Picanto has adopted more sporty styling inspired by Kia’s potent Ceed GT and Pro Ceed GT models.
The profile borrows much from the larger Rio, with a simple and subtle look, while the rear of the new Picanto will build on its predecessor’s hooked tail-light design. In GT-Line form, the 2017 Kia Picanto boasts a sporty chromatic identity and a body kit inspired by hot hatchbacks.
The interior exhibits a vibrant design dominated by oval-shaped outer air vents, a neatly integrated touchscreen-based infotainment system, and two-tone part-leather seats. Leather (or perhaps synthetic hide) adorns much of the furnishings including seats, steering wheel, door arm rests and gear gaiter complete with red flashes or stitching.
The interior changes are headlined by a new young audience-targeting central touchscreen which appears to offer access to a number of services including navigation, while the surrounding hardware has been modernized with a symmetrical look and digital control panel.
The main changes will mostly be seen up front where the firm’s latest signature ‘tiger’ grille will be found flanked by new headlight clusters with bold LED daytime running lights. Regarding technology and safety, the highlights come in the form of a more rigid chassis and body, Torque Vectoring Brake Based , Autonomous Emergency Brake, and a knee airbag for the driver.
The theme continues into the cabin, where the Picanto will feature a Rio-like ‘floating’ look for its main display screen – still a popular trend across the market. The Picanto has a 15mm longer wheelbase compared with the current model.The GT Line model features a bright red trim piece from almost every angle.
The replacement Picanto is expected to use heavily revised versions of the existing 1.0-litre and 1.25-litre petrol engines. Kia’s excellent 1.0-litre turbocharged, three-cylinder engine used in the Cee’d may also be a possibility, but whether Kia decides to fit the 98hp variant into the Picanto is yet to be confirmed.
Power for the new Kia Picanto is likely to come from the same 65bhp 1.0-litre three-cylinder and 85bhp 1.25-litre four-cylinder engines, while low emissions and strong fuel economy will give the newcomer a fighting chance in the hard-fought city car class.
Hyundai Tucson Night Edition Unveiled
The 2017 starts out as an ordinary Tucson Sport. The company also stated that this car is targeted to original Tucson Sport enthusiasts who need something more visually appealing and different from what everybody else has. Night
The interior is already dominated by black, consequently, maybe you think the additional dark styling is rather unimportant. But the Night Edition styling kit really takes the car’s visual to the next level. Unique additions to the interior include aluminum sport pedals, a perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel and LED map lights both front and rear.
The most noteworthy elements in the exterior include the black tinted panoramic sunroof, gloss black mirrors and also 19” matte black Rays wheels with red Rays center and red Valve stem caps.
2017 Tucson Night is intended to add more personality and distinctive appearance to the design. Therefore, the engine doesn’t get any upgrade.Standard Tucson Sport accouterments include a 175-horsepower, 195-pound-foot I4 engine, front-wheel drive and a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. Tucson Sport that is offered with several types of engine, the Night Edition only comes with the 1.6T version.
The lightly tricked-out Tucson is available in four exclusive flavors: Black Noir Pearl, Caribbean Blue, Coliseum Gray, and Dazzling White.
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2016 – Tastefully Robust
Mitsubishi recently unveiled the third generation of its Pajero Sport SUV. Mitsubishi’s successful rugged-duty SUV, the Pajero Sport, will finally be offered in seven-seat guise – and at no extra cost to buyers.
The car gets an Outlander-inspired ‘Dynamic Shield’ front design with elements like signature headlamps, secondary air dam, the GR-HEV-inspired X-shaped grille, well-designed bonnet and L-shaped LED daytime running lights. The Auto light function feature contributes to both convenience and safety by automatically turning the headlamps on and off depending on the level of ambient light outside the vehicle.
The 2016 Pajero Sport is claimed to be more robust and safer than before, thanks to its advanced RISE (Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution Body) construction system. This technology maintains high cabin integrity and efficient energy absorption of the vehicle, and enhances its passive safety performance.
The 2016 Pajero Sport’s cabin gets all the usual goodies including climate control, touchscreen infotainment system and leather trim package. Adventure calls from the well-appointed cockpit, which surrounds you with solid craftsmanship, supportive comfort, intelligent features and a wide open view. From refined meters to sophisticated floor console, every feature is fine-tuned to enhance driving pleasure and keep you in confident control.
Handling is stable and accurate on and off road, in all kinds of weather and driving conditions, thanks to selectable 2WD and 4WD modes, an OFF ROAD MODE that enhances traction on demanding surfaces, intelligent assistance in challenging conditions, an advanced suspension and outstanding all-around clearance.
Power is supplied in abundance whenever you need it from your choice of an efficient new 2.4-liter diesel, dynamic 2.5-liter diesel or 3.0-liter V6 gasoline engine. Whatever the driving conditions, you’ll have what it takes to accomplish your mission. Mitsubishi claims that the SUV’s new model will be 17% more fuel efficient than the existing one.
- 7 SRS Airbags
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
- Ultrasonic misacceleration Mitigation System (UMS)
- Forward Collision Mitigation System (FCM)
- Electronic brake-force distribution (EBD)
The sports car maker McLaren is introducing a new model in the 675LT range. This model will be called the 675LT Spider. The Spider is virtually almost identical to the coupe save for a three-piece retractable roof and unique color and wheel options. Like the coupe, McLaren will make only 500 copies of 675LT Spider.
The Spider’s mighty 3.8-liter twin-turbo V-8 engine produces the same 666 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque as the coupe. It comes with some exciting updates like more efficient turbochargers, a new camshaft, lightweight connecting rods, revised exhaust manifolds and cylinder heads, and high-flow fuel system. In first gear, the traction control system limits torque to 443 lb-ft to improve acceleration and minimize wheel sleep. The McLaren 675LT Spider is just 0.2-second slower than the coupe and reaches 0-62 mph in only 2.9 seconds. The 675LT Spider has a weight of 2,800 pounds, which is about 88 pounds heavier than the coupe. The extra 88 pounds comes from the retractable top.
Though it is 88 pounds heavier than the coupe because of its fixed-roof sibling, the 675LT Spider is still about 220 pounds down from the McLaren 650S Spider. The 675LT Spider achieved this weight by using carbon fiber in a generous way. Carbon fiber can be found in 675LT Spider’s side skirts, front bumper, rear fenders, diffuser, rear deck, Longtail Airbrake, and more.
The 675LT Spider comes standard with 10-spoke, 19-inch forged alloy wheels. Two other wheel options are 5-spoke or 20-spoke design with liquid metal or diamond cut finishes. McLaren has removed the 35-pound air conditioning system from the 675LT Spider, but you can install it as a no-cost option.
The limited edition McLaren 675LT Spider is expected to arrive in U.S in summer 2016 and the priced around $373,000.
OPENING A NEW FRONTIER
- In the early 1960s, Mazda (which was called Toyo Kogyo at that time) faced a formidable challenge: to become more competitive in terms of both technology and product development so that it could survive and expand globally amid the increasingly competitive automotive market
- Around that time, the rotary engine, which combines a simple structure, light weight and compact size with quietness and high power, was drawing attention from carmakers around the world as a dream technology
THE ROAD TO COMMERCIALIZATION WOULD BE ROCKY, HOWEVER …
- Tsuneji Matsuda, who was Mazda’s president at that time, believed that the company needed to develop a unique technology if it was to survive and set the goal of commercializing the rotary engine ahead of other companies
- There were several types of rotary engine under development around the world, from among which Mazda adopted the Wankel variety …
- to acquire knowhow, Mazda sent a team of engineers to a West German company called NSU
- there, the team found that there was a huge technological obstacle to the development in the form of chatter marks
- the Wankel rotary engine is characterized by the unique triangular shape of its rotor
- as the rotor turns at high speed, the apex seal, which is attached to each apex of the triangle to ensure air tightness, undergoes friction with the inside surface of the cocoon-shaped rotor housing
- This process causes abnormal wear on the chrome plating finish within hours, leaving traces called chatter marks which are also known as the Devil’s nail marks
- Finding a way to avoid such damage was critical to the development of a practical rotary engine
- To tackle the challenge, Mazda assembled a team of 47 young engineers, who formed a rotary engine research department
- Kenichi Yamamoto, the head of the department, compared the mission of the engineers, who were venturing into the uncharted territory of rotary engine commercialization, to that of the Shijyu Shichi Shi
- The Shijyu Shichi Shi is a legendary band of 47 Samurai Warriors who dedicated their lives, with unparalleled loyalty and perseverance, to the cause of avenging what they saw as the unjust death of their master
- Yamamoto told the engineers …
From now on, the rotary engine must be on your minds at all times, whether you are sleeping or awake.”
- In search of a solution, the engineers tried every conceivable thing – including horse and cow bones – as an apex seal material
- However, they remained unable to resolve the chatter mark problem
- The impasse fueled skepticism in academic and industrial circles about the chances of Mazda succeeding in developing a practical rotary engine
- Moreover, within Mazda, the rotary engine project came to be viewed as a waste of money
- The development team, though consumed by a sense of uncertainty and impatience, persevered in their aspiration toward commercialization of the dream technology
AT LONG LAST …
- … the team achieved a breakthrough in 1963, when an engineer proposed the idea of changing the apex seal’s frequency characteristics by modifying its shape
- A cross-hollow seal with a cross-shaped hole near the apex of the seal was developed and tested
- The test proved successful, with no chatter marks appearing on the inside surface of the engine
- In the following year, with the support of Nippon Carbon Co., Ltd., Mazda created a new apex seal made from aluminum-carbon composite materials
- This innovation opened the way for bringing rotary engine-powered cars to the street
THE COSMO SPORT …
- … was Mazda’s first rotary engine-powered car
- Designed right from the start to be driven by a rotary engine, the Cosmo Sport featured an unconventional styling that created a buzz
- Before the launch of the Cosmo Sport, trial rides were organized at car dealers across Japan to evaluate the new car’s performance, at the suggestion of President Matsuda
- Matsuda said of this evaluation …
With the cooperation of dealers, we will be able to obtain practical, useful data.
If we fail after coming this far, it will be said that the rotary engine is useless.
That would be regrettable.”
- As problems reported from dealers were resolved one after another, the engine moved step-by-step closer to commercialization
- On May 30, 1967, the Cosmo Sport was premiered, marking the debut of the world’s first mass production car powered by a two-rotor rotary engine
- That was the moment when the Mazda Samurai’s resolution and tenacity as well as their innovative ideas came to fruition
- Mazda made a decision to cease production of its Wankel rotary engine in 2012
- The RX-8, specifically, was pulled due to ever-tightening emissions regulations
- Compact Rotary Engines are renowned for their power density and turbine-smooth operation
- It now seems, though, that we might witness a resurrection of the rotary
- At the Frankfurt Auto Show, Mazda President, Masamichi Kogai, has yesterday confirmed that the company still has a dedicated engineering team focused upon rotary engine development
- Kogai also revealed that engineers are working very enthusiastically to bring the rotary’s technology up to current piston engines standards
- It’s interesting to note that the 40th. Anniversary of the RX-7 is due in 2018 …
- … making many hope that we are to witness an RX-8 successor and the rekindling of the RX line of sports cars