As a clean alternative fuel vehicle, the Soul EV is eligible for a High-Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) decal in select states such as California. So, you can use HOV lanes even when you’re driving solo, which can help shorten your commute time. Many other states have similar HOV lane and toll incentives for Soul EV.
The Soul EV’s bold style is so distinctly Soul, you need a double take to realize it’s an EV. A closer look reveals premium features all its own, like blue-accented fog lights, exclusive front- and rear-fascia designs, and the Eco Electric badge. No grille and no exhaust pipe mean progressive, clean lines for a cleaner environment.
Headlights – Blue-accented Projector Beam Headlights give you a crisp look and clear visibility of the road. With Auto Light Control, the headlights automatically turn on or off as needed to save energy.
Wheels – The aerodynamic 16-inch Alloy Wheels are engineered to reduce road vibration and increase efficiency. Plus the Super Low Rolling Resistant (SLRR) Tires offer less drag, giving you improved driving range.
Front – The unique body-color front bumper has a sleek, new look. And no gas engine under the hood means a grille-free front end for improved aerodynamics.
Rear – It’s a departure that draws attention. It is designed as the lower fascia to be strong and sporty. And no exhaust pipe gives you a cleaner, no-emissions drive.
Fortuitous Comfort levels– The Soul EV and iconic Soul were redesigned together to provide exceptional comfort and maximum flexibility. The Soul EV’s split-folding rear seats offer ample cargo space and a variety of storage options. And the under-floor battery means plenty of interior space for your friends. From the exclusive bio-sourced materials and available leather seating all the way down to the distinctive highlight stitching—this modern interior looks, feels, and does good.
More Spacious – With the Soul EV, you don’t have to compromise interior space or versatility. The 60/40 split-folding rear seats offer up to 49.5 cubic feet of cargo volume, and the hidden luggage under tray makes storing your 120-volt charging cord easy. From the ample headroom and legroom to the flexible cargo space, the Soul EV is made for hauling friends and all your gear.
- It’s a thrilling and responsive drive with 210 lb.-ft. of instant torque. Smooth designed an electric motor for quiet efficiency and engineered a state-of-the-art regenerative braking system that helps recharge the battery. The result is satisfying EV performance with maximized range and assured handling.
- The Soul EV’s electric motor offers 109 horsepower.
- It’s unique, multi-layer magnet design provides quiet, smooth-power performance. And its lightweight design helps deliver swift acceleration for an exciting and efficient drive.
- Every part of the Soul EV is designed with efficiency in mind even braking.
- Every time you decelerate or go downhill, the regenerative braking system recovers kinetic energy that would otherwise be lost. That energy goes straight to recharging the battery.
- With an electric drivetrain, there’s no revving up or switching gears. The Soul EV’s electric motor delivers 210 lb.-ft. of instant torque, giving you immediate responsiveness and smooth, dynamic acceleration the moment you put your foot on the pedal.
Kia is committed to helping you stay safe on the road. Featuring smart passive safety systems, like a reinforced structure and advanced airbags, the Soul EV is designed to help deliver added protection. So you can drive with peace of mind.
Airbags – Featuring dual front, front-seat-mounted side, and full-length side curtain airbags. Plus high-tech sensors to help control airbag inflation.
Structure – The Soul EV’s front and rear crumple zones help absorb and dissipate the energy from an impact. Side-impact steel beams reinforce the doors to help absorb impact energy and deflect side-impact force.
Seat Belts – Complete with over-the-lap and shoulder straps, each seat in the Soul EV includes 3-point seat belts to help secure you and your passengers during an impact. And front seat-belt pretensions are made to tighten up the slack on seat belts to help keep occupants restrained during certain collisions.
Child-Safe – Securely and conveniently install a child seat with the Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system. Plus, rear child-safety door locks allow you to turn off the interior door-opening mechanism, preventing passengers from opening the rear doors from the inside.