When you are a fan of sports cars and also you have a family to ride with, you can always go to Mazda’s CX-9. Brand new Mazda Cx-9 2017 gives you safety, speed and also a classy look.
Mazda offers cars that you can feel safe and secure driving, based on its cutting-edge safety technologies. Let’s have a look at Technologies.
DYNAMIC PRESSURE TURBO ENGINE
The CX-9’s SKYACTIV-G 2.5-liter engine features an innovative dynamic pressure turbocharger that gives you power as soon as you hit the gas, nearly eliminating “turbo lag.” This instantaneous response is an important part of Mazda’s Jinba Ittai philosophy, which strives to achieve oneness between car and driver.
CONFIDENCE FOR MORE DRIVING ENJOYMENT
Weather and road conditions can change in an instant. That’s why Mazda’s available smart predictive i-ACTIV AWD all-wheel-drive system is on alert, monitoring conditions and ready to adjust power delivery to help give you optimal traction before your wheels can slip.
THE SUV ENGINEERED FOR DRIVERS
In every car we make, the focus is on responsiveness and driving enjoyment. Mazda’s three-row SUV is no exception. Engineered from the ground up with SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY, the CX-9 offers outstanding driving dynamics while achieving up to an EPA-estimated 28 HWY MPG.
PREDICTIVE I-ACTIV AWD
By monitoring everything from outside temperature to throttle input and braking patterns, available i-ACTIV AWD predicts when an all-wheel drive might be needed. Then it preemptively optimizes torque distribution to help curb traction loss.
DISTANCE RECOGNITION SUPPORT SYSTEM
At speeds above 19 mph, available Distance Recognition Support System12 measures the distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead and recommends a comfortable following distance. If your vehicle encroaches on this distance, a warning light illuminates.
TECHNOLOGY THAT INSPIRES CONFIDENCE
That’s what available i-ACTIVSENSE safety innovations give you. They use advanced technologies like milli-wave radars and cameras to give you a sixth sense for safety, helping to alert you to hazards before they happen. It’s another way Mazda lets you focus on what matters most: driving.
Introducing the Chrysler Pacifica Limited is North America’s First ever Hybrid Minivan. It gets an incredible 33 miles full electric range and up to a 566 mile total driving range on a full tank and a full charge. But that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice family functionality, it comes with seating for seven, available hands free, sliding doors, lift gate and more.
- Elite Performance: The Chrysler Pacifica and its award-winning standard 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine and nine-speed automatic transmission have excellent efficiency of up to 28 highway mpg.
- Trailer Towing: The Chrysler Pacifica provides a Best-in-Class maximum towing capacity of 3,600 pounds to help you transport your oversized toys.
- STANDARD ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL: Electronic stability control is a computerized technology that improves a vehicle’s stability by detecting and reducing loss of traction (skidding).
Electronic Stability Control applies selective braking and throttle control (if necessary) to help you maintain directional control.
- Enticing Entertainment The available Uconnect Theater features dual 10.1-inch HD touchscreens with Blu-ray player, dual HDMI inputs, individual remotes, wireless headphones, Bluetooth remotes, downloadable games and apps.
They have 9 built-in applications, one of them is “are we there yet” it shows how long is left in your trip. This works on gps, so no need to trouble the driver.
Other than that it has 8 different games including Sudoku, tic-tac-toe, solitaire and more. It also has games like checkers which can be played with the other passengers. Video can be streamed from your devices, it also has wireless headphones.
- The Perfect Touch: Convenience is at hand with the available 8.4-inch touchscreen.
Get help from Siri Eyes Free, the iPhone mobile device digital assistant. Customize your home screen and more, you can get access to GPS Navigation as well as SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link, both with a five-year trial included. With these services you’ll get access to real-time traffic, weather updates, sports scores, fuel prices and more.
- Hybrid Smart Minivan: It is the combination of Electric + Gas that make One Smart Minivan by Chrysler. The Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid offers the best of both worlds. Powered by an electric motor and gasoline engine, it automatically switches between electric power and hybrid power. Now it’s simple to get the efficiency you’re looking for with a surprisingly extensive driving range.
The lithium-ion battery is the heart of the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid. It works seamlessly with the engine to deliver optimal efficiency. Strong enough to power the vehicle for up to 33 miles on a single charge, it can be charged in as little as two hours with an available 240-volt Level II charger. The battery has a 10-Year/150,000-Mile Limited Warranty or a 10-Year/100,000-Mile Limited Warranty depending on what state you live in.
Charge your battery at home in just two hours with an available 240-volt Level II charger, or plug into a typical wall outlet with the 120-volt cable that is included with every Pacifica Hybrid either way you can’t go wrong. The battery even self-charges via regenerative braking, which captures energy from the brakes when they are applied. Plus, thousands of public charging stations are available nationwide.
Active Noise Cancellation: Your children’s naps just got more peaceful. With standard active noise cancellation, the Chrysler Pacifica is the quietest vehicle in its class.
Mobile App: When it comes to your vehicle it should make your like easier both on the road and off. That’s why they have created a hybrid mobile app, now you can view your vehicle’s fuel level, check the battery charge and send the charging schedule right from the palm of your hand. Plus the app lets you see trip information, locate charging station and start your car it’s a smart way to stay connected.
Many family buyers may be interested in SUVs and MPVs, but the traditional large family car continues to make an excellent case for itself. Each one of our selection is available with a wide range of engines, allowing you to prioritize economy, performance or a combination of the two.
- If you’re looking for a stylish, practical, good-to-drive and cheap-to run family estate, then you can’t go far wrong with the Mazda6.
- The Mazda6 is one of the best handling cars on this list.
- Mazda’s engineers have perfectly balanced the 6’s suspension, so it offers a great deal of driver involvement with little body lean, yet still manages to insulate you from potholes and poor road surfaces well.
- The Mazda6 Tourer is also comfortable, well equipped and – while looks are subjective – a distinctively handsome car.
- recommended 2.2-litre diesel, which returns an excellent 67.3mpg, yet is powerful enough to get the Mazda6 from 0-62mph in just 9.3 seconds.
- Standard equipment levels are high, too, with all models featuring air-conditioning and cruise control, and with a large centrally mounted infotainment screen to control systems such as the DAB radio and Bluetooth.
Kia Optima saloon
- The Kia Optima comes with plenty of equipment and the company’s excellent seven-year warranty, while the recently introduced hybrid model improves economy, emissions and overall appeal significantly.
- The Optima is a handsome and generously equipped car and, while it was previously only available with a 1.7-litre diesel engine, the recent addition of a plug-in hybrid (PHEV) version brings the Optima out of the ‘also-ran’ category.
- The Optima hybrid attracts a Benefit-in-Kind rate of just 7%, making it seriously appealing to the company-car drivers it’s (realistically) aimed at; fuel economy is also a strong point, as the hybrid Optima returns a (claimed) 176.6mpg.
- Inside, the Optima has a well-designed dashboard and standard sat nav is a welcome feature.
The entry-level Optima 2 has a seven-inch touchscreen, Bluetooth connectivity, a reversing camera and DAB radio, as well as a leather steering wheel and gearlever, alloy wheels, air-conditioning and all-round electric windows.
Whenever you are going for a family holiday trip, take time to plan your holiday to ensure proper safety for your little ones. Here are some tips for you which will help you ensure safety for your children.
Stick With What You Know
Renting car seats from car rental agencies could be a mixed experience for you. But even in best cases, using an unfamiliar car seat may reduce your children’s safety. It is better and safer option for your children to use a seat that fits them. Plus, you can save the seat rental fees by using your own seat.
Know the Law
Booster seat laws vary depending on where to go. What may be legal in Ontario may not be legal in another country or province. So if you have a child at or near booster-seat age and traveling across borders via car, it is better to check the booster seats laws for the place you are traveling to or crossing through.
Be Careful Packing Your Car
Holiday travel not only requires typical kid stuff but also requires additional gift and other holiday related items. Make sure you put heavier items low in the load space, so that they don’t become a projectile in the event of emergency braking or during a crash. Also, take special care of the items that closely surround your children. After packing, check the car by moving slowly and giving your brakes a quick punch in your driveway. If the load stays put, you are good to go.
Expect the Unexpected
As in any road trip, expect the unexpected and plan for the worst. Before traveling think ahead to packing additional snacks, games and other items, cell-phone charge cords, and pertinent contact information. Take cold-weather gear with you while traveling by car in the winter.
Mitsubishi has come out with their all new 7-seater 2016 Outlander. The new Outlander has a distinctive exterior with better performance and is a more family oriented car than ever before. Here are some of the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander’s features and specs;
Mitsubishi has redesigned and changed the front and rear end in the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander. Mitsubishi’s new Dynamic Shield makes the car look more aggressive. Some of the changes that have been made in this model are; a lower door section, redesigned front fender, and new LED tail lights. The new 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander comes with redesigned 18-inch alloy wheels.
2016 Mitsubishi Outlander comes with two engine variants-
- 2.4L four-cylinder, CVT transmission, produces 166 hp
- 3.0L, V-6, six-speed automatic transmission, produces 240 hp
- Height adjustable driver seat
- Reclining rear seats and Manual folding split-bench third-row seats
- Remote keyless power door locks and 1 one-touch power windows
- External temperature display
- Cruise control
- Electric power steering
- Interior air filtration
- Climate control
- USB connection
- Audio and cruise controls on steering wheel
- We published a posting on Driving Phobias six weeks ago which can be found here
- The previous post, despite its humour, did, however, provide me the catalyst for this post
- The below posting delves more into Driving Anxiety Triggers & Coping Techniques
- To know what your triggers are … and having a plan to overcome the panic and other symptoms associated with your anxieties, really is the key to your safety and being able to manage your fears … and …
- … hopefully being able to actually overcome your fears
DRIVING ANXIETY … THE TRIGGERS
- For anyone suffering with driving-related anxiety, there are numerous triggers that can set you off such as … driving …
- in heavy traffic
- in inclement & treacherous weather conditions
- in unfamiliar places
- when you are running late
- when distracted by your passengers
- at night … and …
- on highways
- Any one, or all of the above, could readily trigger your anxiety whilst driving
- Needless to say, the above list is far from finite
WHY THEN DO THESE CIRCUMSTANCES TRIGGER ANXIETY?
- Every anxiety trigger has a starting point or a root cause …
- … there is always some kind of reason responsible for your driving anxiety
- Here are some common trigger roots … the fear of …
- getting lost
- getting into an accident
- angering other motorists
- driving at high speed
- other aggressive drivers … and …
- other drivers in general
- You do not have to let these circumstances and triggers deprive you of driving and the freedom and convenience it provides
- The below 5 practices can legitimately help anyone suffering with driving anxiety …
ASSEMBLE YOUR VERY OWN ANXIETY FIRST AID KIT
- Here are some suggestions for the contents of your Anxiety First Aid Kit …
- cell phone charger
- always have help
- a wonderful tool in eliminating getting lost & the fear associated with it
- anti-anxiety medication
- if you are prescribed any medicine, always keep a couple of doses in the car … enjoy the security of knowing you’ll be OK should your anxiety kick in
- relaxing music or audio book
- whatever floats your boat as they say … listen to what best relaxes you, regardless of musical genre or content
- bottled water
- anxiety can dehydrate you and you’ll need water too to take your medication if necessary
- paper bag
- in the case of hyperventilation brought on by anxiety
- cell phone charger
- Self Help programs prove very successful in learning how to control, or overcome, your fear of driving
- Do your research and source a reputable professional close to home
IMPLEMENT RELAXATION TECHNIQUES
- There are countless relaxation techniques that help bring your anxiety down to a manageable level
- These following are common methodologies …
- deep breathing exercises
- see a great breathing coaching video here
- ascending, descending, in tens … whatever
- positive self-talk, motivation
- I can do this
- deep breathing exercises
- All relaxation techniques rely upon the ability to refocus the mind away from your anxiety
- Don’t forget, practice DOES make perfect
- It’s very important to know that you are not alone and that there is professional help out there
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is very commonplace and we are blessed with many superb professionals in Ottawa
- CBT helps you to retrain your thoughts and beliefs … getting you to the root of your issue
- Your therapist can help you immeasurably once the cause of your anxiety is pinpointed
DEVELOP YOUR OWN ROAD RULES
- All of the above will help you if you envelop it
- Despite all of the techniques and measures you adopt, you can still be susceptible to instances of driving anxiety
- Panic attacks due to anxiety usually let you know they’re coming … if you’ve had one, you will surely know
- Always adopt safety first by …
- pulling over in the first safe place you can get to
- turn off the car’s engine and begin your breathing techniques
- when ready, and if safe, have a little walk about
- if you can’t walk outside the car safely, try reclining your seat until all the anxiety passes
- remember to take your prescribed medication … and …
- don’t be afraid to call 911 should you need any additional help
- It’s simple … please start by choosing which & House (team) you wish to support by clicking one of the below Facebook icons
- Bank Street KIA
- 2559 Bank Street, Ottawa K1T 1N3 … or …
- KIA On HuntClub
- 390 West Hunt Club Road, Ottawa K2E 1A5
- Then, deliver the goods (literally) to one of our two locations … and …
- … participate, help your community … and … feel good!